Nancy - Porte de la Craffe
Nancy - Eglise des Cordeliers
Nancy - Eglise des Cordeliers
Nancy - Eglise des Cordeliers
Nancy - Eglise des Cordeliers
Nancy - Eglise des Cordeliers
Nancy - Eglise des Cordeliers
Nancy - Eglise des Cordeliers
Nancy - Eglise des Cordeliers
Nancy - Eglise des Cordeliers
Nancy - Eglise des Cordeliers
Remoncourt - Saint-Rémi
Remoncourt - Saint-Rémi
Dijon - Chapellerie Bruyas
Dijon - Notre-Dame
Dijon - Notre-Dame
Dijon - Notre-Dame
Dijon - Notre-Dame
Presqu’île de Giens
Cannes - Plage de la Croisette
Île Saint-Honorat
Abbaye de Lérins
Abbaye de Lérins
Adenau - St. Johannes der Täufer
Adenau - St. Johannes der Täufer
Adenau - St. Johannes der Täufer
Adenau
Vilich - St. Peter
Schwarzrheindorf - St. Maria und Clemens
Schwarzrheindorf - St. Maria und Clemens
Schwarzrheindorf - St. Maria und Clemens
Schwarzrheindorf - St. Maria und Clemens
Schwarzrheindorf - St. Maria und Clemens
Schwarzrheindorf - St. Maria und Clemens
Schwarzrheindorf - St. Maria und Clemens
Schwarzrheindorf - St. Maria und Clemens
Schwarzrheindorf - St. Maria und Clemens
Schwarzrheindorf - St. Maria und Clemens
Hannover - Marktkirche
Hannover - Marktkirche
Hannover - Duve-Brunnen
Belle - Bubblegum
Belle - Bubblegum
Belle - Kapelle
Hannover - Neues Rathaus
Location
Lat, Lng:
You can copy the above to your favourite mapping app.
Address: unknown
You can copy the above to your favourite mapping app.
Address: unknown
See also...
Keywords
Authorizations, license
-
Visible by: Everyone -
All rights reserved
-
85 visits
Adenau - St. Johannes der Täufer


The town of Adenau, located in the Eifel, a mountain range stretching west to Belgium, is known since 992 when it was mentioned in a document by King Otto III under the name "Adenova".
In 1162, Ulrich von Are donated his manor in Adenau to the Knights of St. John (Sovereign Military Order of Malta). Adenau thus became the third oldest branch of this order in Germany.
A church dedicated to St John the Baptist probably already existed in the 10th century.
When Ulrich von Are had his manor in Adenau to the Knights of St. John "his" church was probably part of the deal. In the 12th century, two side aisles were added and in the 13th century a new choir, which was used exclusively by the Knights of St John.
At the end of the 15th century, the nave was vaulted. In 1908/09, the old choir and sacristy were demolished and a new building erected. The old nave was completely destroyed at the end of WWII, so that a new building was erected in 1969. Parts of the old outer walls were converted into an atrium.
The old Romanesque baptismal font.
In 1162, Ulrich von Are donated his manor in Adenau to the Knights of St. John (Sovereign Military Order of Malta). Adenau thus became the third oldest branch of this order in Germany.
A church dedicated to St John the Baptist probably already existed in the 10th century.
When Ulrich von Are had his manor in Adenau to the Knights of St. John "his" church was probably part of the deal. In the 12th century, two side aisles were added and in the 13th century a new choir, which was used exclusively by the Knights of St John.
At the end of the 15th century, the nave was vaulted. In 1908/09, the old choir and sacristy were demolished and a new building erected. The old nave was completely destroyed at the end of WWII, so that a new building was erected in 1969. Parts of the old outer walls were converted into an atrium.
The old Romanesque baptismal font.
Marco F. Delminho, Paolo Tanino have particularly liked this photo
- Keyboard shortcuts:
Jump to top
RSS feed- Latest comments - Subscribe to the comment feeds of this photo
- ipernity © 2007-2025
- Help & Contact
|
Club news
|
About ipernity
|
History |
ipernity Club & Prices |
Guide of good conduct
Donate | Group guidelines | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Statutes | In memoria -
Facebook
Twitter
Sign-in to write a comment.