Christa1004's photos with the keyword: Domfront-en-Poiraie

En flânant dans la ville...

25 May 2023 30 46 223
... on peut découvrir des petits coins sympas. When strolling through the city you can discover nice little spots. Beim Bummel durch die Stadt kann man nette kleine Ecken entdecken.

Pointy roofs... HFF

26 May 2023 45 72 324
Halfway down the driveway of the Manoir de la Guyardière (16th-19th century) stands the gatehouse, consisting of two turrets with cone-shaped roofs and loopholes, giving access to the entrance courtyard. The manor house includes a set of outbuildings and defensive towers and is surrounded by a moat. A walk around the property reveals the remains of a pedestrian drawbridge and an old wash-house. POINTUS LES TOITS... A mi-longueur de l'allée d'accès du Manoir de la Guyardière (XVIe - XIXe s.) se trouve la porterie, constituée de deux tourelles en poivrière percées de meurtrières, elle donne accès à la cour d'entrée. Le manoir comprend un ensemble de communs et de tours de défense et le logis d'habitation entouré de douves. Quand on fait le tour de la proprieté on découvre les vestiges d'un pont-levis piétonnier et un vieux lavoir. SPITZE DÄCHER... Auf halber Länge der Zufahrtsallee zum Manoir de la Guyardière (16.-19. Jh.) befindet sich das Torhaus, das aus zwei von Schießscharten durchbrochenen Tourelles mit konischem Dach besteht und Zugang zum Eingangshof gewährt. Das Anwesen umfasst eine Reihe von Wirtschaftsgebäuden und Verteidigungstürmen sowie das von Wassergräben umgebene Herrenhaus. Wenn man das Anwesen umrundet, entdeckt man die Überreste einer Zugbrücke für Fussgänger und ein altes Waschhaus.

Encadré de roses...

26 May 2023 29 40 267
Le manoir de la Chaslerie fut édifié du XVIe au VIIIe s. sur un site beaucoup plus ancien dont il subsiste des vestiges significatifs (douves et murs percés de nombreuses meurtrières). Une cour fermée regroupe les principaux bâtiments (logis avec tours, écuries, colombier). Diverses constructions extérieures à cette cour (chapelle, ferme, cave, pressoir-charreterie, fournil) complètent le dispositif au milieu des prés, des haies et des bosquets. Ce que je trouve intéressant ici est la diversité des styles des bâtiments et notamment des formes de toitures ainsi que les matériaux utilisés pour la construction (grès ferrugineux, granit, ardoises, tuiles). FRAMED BY ROSES. The Chaslerie manor house was built between the 16th and 18th centuries on a much older site, of which significant remains can still be seen (moat and walls with numerous loopholes). An enclosed courtyard contains the main buildings (dwelling with towers, stables, dovecote). Various buildings outside this courtyard (chapel, farmhouse, cellar, wine press and bakery) complete the layout amidst meadows, hedges and copses. What I find interesting here is the diversity of building styles, particularly the roof shapes, and the materials used for construction (ferruginous sandstone, granite, slate and tiles). VON ROSEN UMRAHMT. Das Herrenhaus La Chaslerie wurde vom 16. bis 18. Jh. auf einer viel älteren Anlage errichtet, von der noch bedeutende Überreste erhalten sind (Wassergräben und Mauern mit zahlreichen Schießscharten). Ein geschlossener Hof umfasst die wichtigsten Gebäude (Wohnhaus mit Türmen, Stallungen, Taubenschlag). Verschiedene Gebäude ausserhalb des Hofes (Kapelle, Bauernhof, Keller, Kelterei, Backstube) vervollständigen die Anlage inmitten von Wiesen, Hecken und Hainen. Interessant finde ich hier die Vielfalt der Gebäudestile und insbesondere der Dachformen sowie die für den Bau verwendeten Materialien (eisenhaltiger Sandstein, Granit, Schiefer, Dachziegel).

Eglise romane Notre-Dame-sur-l’Eau...

29 May 2023 36 52 265
...des XIe et XIIe siècles doit son nom à sa situation en bordure d’un gué de la Varenne. Elle devient la paroisse de l'aristocratie locale et on y trouve de nombreuses dalles funéraires des familles nobles du XVIe et XVIIe siècle (1er PiP). Elle échappe aux destructions de la Révolution grâce à ces sépultures, mais sert d'entrepôt. La façade est ornée d'un grand portail roman avec six colonnes et chapiteaux couverts d'entrelacs. THE ROMANESQUE CHURCH NOTRE-DAME-DE-L'EAU -Our Lady of the Water- (11th-12th centuries) owes its name to its location on the banks of a ford in the Varenne river. It became the parish church of the local aristocracy, and there are many tombstones of noble families from the 16th and 17th centuries (1st PiP). It escaped the destruction of the French Revolution thanks to these burials, but was used as a warehouse. The façade is adorned with a large Romanesque portal with six columns and capitals covered in tracery. DIE ROMANISCHE KIRCHE NOTRE-DAME-SUR-L'EAU -Unsere Liebe Frau auf dem Wasser- (11.-12. Jh.) verdankt ihren Namen ihrer Lage an einer Furt des Flusses Varenne. Sie wurde zur Pfarrkirche der örtlichen Aristokratie, und man findet dort zahlreiche Grabplatten von Adelsfamilien aus dem 16. und 17. Jh. (1.PiP). Dank dieser Gräber entging sie der Zerstörung während der frz. Revolution, wurde jedoch als Lagerhaus genutzt. Die Fassade wird von einem grossen romanischen Portal mit sechs Säulen und mit Flechtwerk bedeckten Kapitellen geschmückt.

A tomb effigy full of secrets - HBM

29 May 2023 23 34 262
In the almost 1000-year-old church of Notre-Dame-sur-l'Eau, the only tomb effigy in the Orne department can be found in the south transept (a tomb effigy is a funerary statue representing a deceased person recumbent). It is depicted wearing typical 15th century armour, but the archive texts mention that the person depicted was a nobleman from the Ledin de la Chaslerie family. However, this person had lived in the 17th century! Mysteries of history... UN GISANT PLEIN DE SECRETS. À l’église presque millénaire.Notre-Dame-sur-l’Eau, on peut découvrir le seul gisant de l'Orne dans le transept Sud (un gisant est une statue funéraire représentant un défunt étendu). Celui-ci a été représenté avec une armure typique du XVe siècle, mais les textes d’archives mentionnent que la personne représentée fut un noble de la famille Ledin de la Chaslerie. Cependant, cette personne avait vécu au XVIIe siècle ! Mystères de l'histoire... EIN GISANT VOLLER GEHEIMNISSE. In der fast 1000-jährigen Kirche Notre-Dame-sur-l'Eau kann man im südlichen Querschiff den einzigen Gisant des Departments Orne entdecken (ein Gisant ist eine Grabfigur, die einen liegenden Verstorbenen darstellt). Dieser wurde mit einer typischen Rüstung aus dem 15. Jh. dargestellt, doch in den Archivtexten wird erwähnt, dass es sich bei der dargestellten Person um einen Adligen aus der Familie Ledin de la Chaslerie handelte. Diese Person hatte jedoch im 17. Jh. gelebt ! Geheimnisse der Geschichte...

Lonely bench on the hill - HBM

18 Dec 2018 26 35 429
From the bench you have a wide view over the norman countryside.

Place to see: ruined Domfront castle - HBM

27 Apr 2018 15 26 406
The castle had an arduous history: it begins in 1049 when it was besieged by William the Conqueror, and endend in 1608 when the Duc of Sully ordered its demolition.

Normandy's bars (one of ...)

27 Apr 2018 12 18 350
Domfront, the city with many half-timbered houses in the Norman style.

Old houses in Domfront (Easter greetings to y'all)

01 Apr 2021 29 58 642
Bon weekend de Pâques à tous. Euch allen ein frohes Osterfest.

La porte qui n'est plus une entrée..

02 Sep 2022 25 36 199
The door that is no longer an entry... Die Tür, die kein Eingang mehr ist... Für Edna : noch eine französische Tür in Frankreich ;-)

With the back to History ;-) HBM

05 Sep 2022 19 32 220
The castle of Domfront was built around 1100 by Henry I Beauclerc, son of William the Conqueror, Lord of Domfront and King of England. In 1608, it was dismantled by the duke of Sully on the orders of King Henry IV. The visible remains are the keep and the chapel. Of the keep, only two majestic sections of wall remain. The entrance door can be seen in the west wall. Each level had several rooms with wider openings from floor to floor to prevent intrusion, as a security measure. The castle was built on a spur of Armorican sandstone forming a remarkable defensive site. DOS A L'HISTOIRE. Le château de Domfront fut bâti vers 1100 par Henri 1er Beauclerc, fils de Guillaume le Conquérant, seigneur de Domfront et Roi d’Angleterre. En 1608, il a été démantelé par le duc de Sully sur ordre du roi Henri IV. Les vestiges visibles sont le donjon et la chapelle. Du donjon, il ne reste plus que deux majestueux pans de murs. Dans le mur ouest, on peut voir la porte d’entrée. Chaque niveau comportait plusieurs pièces dont les ouvertures étaient plus larges d’étage en étage pour éviter les intrusions, par mesure de sécurité. Le château fut bâti sur un éperon de grès armoricain formant un site de défense remarquable. RÜCKEN ZUR GESCHICHTE. Die Burg von Domfront wurde um 1100 erbaut von Heinrich I. Beauclerc, Sohn von Wilhelm dem Eroberer, Herr von Domfront und König von England. 1608 wurde sie vom Herzog von Sully auf Befehl König Henri IV. zerstört. Die sichtbaren Überreste sind der Bergfried und die Kapelle. Vom Bergfried sind nur noch zwei majestätische Mauerabschnitte erhalten. In der Westmauer ist die Eingangstür zu sehen. Auf jeder Ebene gab es mehrere Räume, deren Öffnungen von Stockwerk zu Stockwerk breiter wurden, um aus Sicherheitsgründen Eindringlinge abzuhalten. Die Burg wurde auf einem armorikanischen Sandsteinsporn errichtet und bildet eine bemerkenswerte Verteidigungsanlage.

Petite maison entre les rochers.

05 Sep 2022 43 48 255
L'ancienne maison de gardien du château The little house between the rocks: the former guardian house of the castle. Das kleine Haus zwischen den Felsen: das ehemalige Pförtnerhaus der Burg.

Un univers de bois et de couleurs...

07 Sep 2022 32 42 255
...ces maisons à colombages, que Simone de Beauvoir cite ainsi "de-ci de-là on aperçoit encore d'anciennes maisons à colombages, aux fenêtres décorées de bois sculpté". A WORLD OF WOOD AND COLOURS of half-timbered houses, which Simone de Beauvoir mentions as follows: "here and there you can still see old half-timbered houses, with windows decorated with wood carvings". EINE WELT AUS HOLZ UND FARBEN von Fachwerkhäusern, die Simone de Beauvoir wie folgt erwähnt : "hier und da sieht man noch alte Fachwerkhäuser, mit Fenstern, die mit Holzschnitzereien verziert sind".