The Exterior of the Chapel in the Cloisters, April…
Pilaster from the Saint-Guilhem Cloister in the Cl…
The Cuxa Cloister and Tower in the Cloisters, Apri…
Tree in the Cuxa Cloister in the Cloisters, April…
Garden in the Cloisters, April 2007
Garden Decorated Base in the Cloisters, April 2007
Column Capital in the Cuxa Cloister in the Cloiste…
Heraldic Column Capital in the Trie Cloister at th…
Column Capital in the Trie Cloister at the Cloiste…
Column Capital in the Trie Cloister at the Cloiste…
Column Capital With the 3 Marys and the Entombment…
Cross & Fountain in the Trie Cloister at the Clois…
Cross & Fountain in the Trie Cloister at the Clois…
Cross & Fountain in the Trie Cloister at the Clois…
Cross & Fountain in the Trie Cloister at the Clois…
Opening of the New Greek & Roman Galleries "Toga P…
Opening of the New Greek & Roman Galleries "Toga P…
Fountain with Gas Lights in City Hall Park, April…
Terrracotta Aryballos in the Form of Cockleshells…
Terracotta Guttus in the Metropolitan Museum of Ar…
Terracotta Figurine of Europa on the Bull in the M…
Terracotta Figurine of Eros in the Metropolitan Mu…
Terracotta Figurine of Hyakinthos on a Swan in the…
Three Reliquaries for the Skulls of Female Saints…
Gate at the Cloisters, April 2007
Fort Tryon Park, April 2007
Barn at the Queens County Farm Fair, September 200…
The Queens County Farm Museum Store at their Fair,…
The Adrience Farmhouse at the Queens County Farm F…
Old-Fashioned Organ at the Queens County Farm Fair…
Farm Animals at the Queens County Farm Fair, Septe…
Balloon Ride at the Queens County Farm Fair, Septe…
Prize Peppers at the Queens County Farm Fair, Sept…
Greenhouse at the Queens County Farm Fair, Septemb…
Windmill at the Queens County Farm Fair, September…
25th Anniversary Banners at the Queens County Farm…
Baron Ian's Tunic at the Queens County Farm Fair,…
John the Bear and Viceroy Alexandre vs Avran and E…
John the Bear and Viceroy Alexandre vs Avran and E…
Viceroy Alexandre and Lord Ervald Fighting at the…
Viceroy Alexandre and Lord Ervald Fighting at the…
Viceroy Alexandre and Lord Ervald Fighting at the…
Viceroy Alexandre and Lord Ervald Fighting at the…
Viceroy Alexandre and Lord Ervald Fighting at the…
Avran and Lord Ervald Fighting at the Queens Count…
Location
Lat, Lng:
You can copy the above to your favourite mapping app.
Address: unknown
You can copy the above to your favourite mapping app.
Address: unknown
See also...
Keywords
Authorizations, license
-
Visible by: Everyone -
All rights reserved
-
524 visits
Effigies of Alvaro Rodrigo de Cabrera and Cecilia of Foix in the Cloisters, April 2007


Double Tomb of Don Àlvar Rodrigo de Cabrera, Count of Urgell and His Wife Cecília of Foix
Date: ca. 1300–1350
Culture: Catalan
Medium: Limestone, traces of paint
Dimensions: a: 19 x 82 7/8 x 28 1/4 in. b: 21 x 74 3/4 x 26 in. c: 16 x 74 x 29 in. d: 24 3/4 x 66 3/8 x 24 3/4 in.
Classification: Sculpture
Credit Line: The Cloisters Collection, 1948
Accession Number: 48.140.1a–d
Description: Documentary evidence suggests that this tomb ensemble was made for Àlvar Rodrigo de Cabrera and his wife, Cecília of Foix, the parents of Ermengol X. The monastery of Bellpuig de les Avellanes was abandoned and badly damaged during the Wars of Succession that began around 1700. When the monastery was reinhabited in the 18th century, the church with its burial chapel was reconstructed. The sarcophagi with the arms of the counts of Urgell and Foix were probably made at that time to fit the original effigies.
Text from: www.metmuseum.org/collection/the-collection-online/search/471320
Date: ca. 1300–1350
Culture: Catalan
Medium: Limestone, traces of paint
Dimensions: a: 19 x 82 7/8 x 28 1/4 in. b: 21 x 74 3/4 x 26 in. c: 16 x 74 x 29 in. d: 24 3/4 x 66 3/8 x 24 3/4 in.
Classification: Sculpture
Credit Line: The Cloisters Collection, 1948
Accession Number: 48.140.1a–d
Description: Documentary evidence suggests that this tomb ensemble was made for Àlvar Rodrigo de Cabrera and his wife, Cecília of Foix, the parents of Ermengol X. The monastery of Bellpuig de les Avellanes was abandoned and badly damaged during the Wars of Succession that began around 1700. When the monastery was reinhabited in the 18th century, the church with its burial chapel was reconstructed. The sarcophagi with the arms of the counts of Urgell and Foix were probably made at that time to fit the original effigies.
Text from: www.metmuseum.org/collection/the-collection-online/search/471320
(deleted account) has particularly liked this photo
- Keyboard shortcuts:
Jump to top
RSS feed- Latest comments - Subscribe to the comment feeds of this photo
- ipernity © 2007-2025
- Help & Contact
|
Club news
|
About ipernity
|
History |
ipernity Club & Prices |
Guide of good conduct
Donate | Group guidelines | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Statutes | In memoria -
Facebook
Twitter
Sign-in to write a comment.