Martin M. Miles' photos with the keyword: Askanier

Hecklingen - St. Georg und St. Pancratius

14 Jun 2023 1 53
The first mention of the place was in 944. A monastery founded around 1070 came under Askan bailiwick in 1147. Since the end of the 13th century, it housed a convent of Augustinian nuns (later Benedictines). The bailiwick rights were passed to the princes of Anhalt after 1319. In 1496 the monastery burned down, but the monastery church was spared from the fire. In 1559 the abbess converted to the Lutheran confession. The monastery was secularized and converted into a manor and later developed into a castle. In 1571, the von Trotha family bought the former monastery for 23,000 thalers, which it owned until it was expropriated in 1945. St. George and St. Pancras, d. It is the former monastery church, that was built after 1150. It is a Romanesque basilica with three naves.

Hecklingen - St. Georg und St. Pancratius

13 Jun 2023 2 1 60
The first mention of the place was in 944. A monastery founded around 1070 came under Askan bailiwick in 1147. Since the end of the 13th century, it housed a convent of Augustinian nuns (later Benedictines). The bailiwick rights were passed to the princes of Anhalt after 1319. In 1496 the monastery burned down, but the monastery church was spared from the fire. In 1559 the abbess converted to the Lutheran confession. The monastery was secularized and converted into a manor and later developed into a castle. In 1571, the von Trotha family bought the former monastery for 23,000 thalers, which it owned until it was expropriated in 1945. St. George and St. Pancras, d. It is the former monastery church, that was built after 1150. It is a Romanesque basilica with three naves. Unfortunately, the Romanesque portal was locked.

Hecklingen - St. Georg und St. Pancratius

13 Jun 2023 54
The first mention of the place was in 944. A monastery founded around 1070 came under Askan bailiwick in 1147. Since the end of the 13th century, it housed a convent of Augustinian nuns (later Benedictines). The bailiwick rights were passed to the princes of Anhalt after 1319. In 1496 the monastery burned down, but the monastery church was spared from the fire. In 1559 the abbess converted to the Lutheran confession. The monastery was secularized and converted into a manor and later developed into a castle. In 1571, the von Trotha family bought the former monastery for 23,000 thalers, which it owned until it was expropriated in 1945. St. Georg und St. Pancratius This is the former monastery church, that was built after 1150. It is a Romanesque basilica with three naves.