Martin M. Miles' photos with the keyword: La Rochebeaucourt

La Rochebeaucourt-et-Argentine - "La locavore"

13 Dec 2017 1 178
In 1827 the villages La Rochebeaucourt and Argentine merged to La Rochebeaucourt-et-Argentine. Many shops and businesses have closed down in La Rochebeaucourt (previous uploads), but Nathalie Mériau was brave and opened the snack "La locavore" in 2016. Perfectly located next to In 1827 the "Maison Du Pont" (chambres d'hôtes), guests can sit in the garden and enjoy the meals. Magret de canard

La Rochebeaucourt-et-Argentine - "La locavore"

13 Dec 2017 1 229
In 1827 the villages La Rochebeaucourt and Argentine merged to La Rochebeaucourt-et-Argentine. Many shops and businesses have closed down in La Rochebeaucourt (previous uploads), but Nathalie Mériau was brave and opened the snack "La locavore" in 2016. Perfectly located next to the "Maison Du Pont" (chambres d'hôtes), guests can sit in the garden and enjoy the meals. Here are three cheeses!

La Rochebeaucourt-et-Argentine - Boulangerie and C…

13 Dec 2017 163
In 1827 the villages La Rochebeaucourt and Argentine merged to La Rochebeaucourt-et-Argentine. Mid 19th century La Rochebeaucourt-et-Argentine was a prosperious village with a population of about 1200. Meanwhile the number of people living here has sunken to about 300. The exodus has left marks. Empty shops line the streets. Gone forever.

La Rochebeaucourt-et-Argentine - Tapisserie

13 Dec 2017 166
In 1827 the villages La Rochebeaucourt and Argentine merged to La Rochebeaucourt-et-Argentine. Mid 19th century La Rochebeaucourt-et-Argentine was a prosperious village with a population of about 1200. Meanwhile the number of people living here has sunken to about 300. The exodus has left marks. Empty shops line the streets. Gone forever.

La Rochebeaucourt-et-Argentine - Boulangerie

13 Dec 2017 1 2 181
In 1827 the villages La Rochebeaucourt and Argentine merged to La Rochebeaucourt-et-Argentine. Mid 19th century La Rochebeaucourt-et-Argentine was a prosperious village with a population of about 1200. Meanwhile the number of people living here has sunken to about 300. The exodus has left marks. Empty shops line the streets. Gone forever.

La Rochebeaucourt-et-Argentine - Brocante

13 Dec 2017 2 209
In 1827 the villages La Rochebeaucourt and Argentine merged to La Rochebeaucourt-et-Argentine. Mid 19th century La Rochebeaucourt-et-Argentine was a prosperious village with a population of about 1200. Meanwhile the number of people living here has sunken to about 300. The exodus has left marks. Empty shops line the streets. Gone forever.

La Rochebeaucourt-et-Argentine - Saint Théodore

13 Dec 2017 1 193
In 1827 the villages La Rochebeaucourt and Argentine merged to La Rochebeaucourt-et-Argentine. The former collegiate church serves the parish now (and was unfortunately locked). The first church was built in 1121 and given to the monks of Cluny, who soon moved to Argentine and transfered this church to collegiate canons and so became a collegiate church. Looted and partly destroyed in the 14th and 15th century it got rebuilt again later. Th Cluniac monks had moved the convent to Argentine, where they erected Saint-Martin, as one of the many chemins to Santiago de Compostella run through there. Supporting the pilgrims was a lucrative business, so soon monks and canons quarrelled about the profits. In 1154 Pope Anastasius IV spent some days here, to settle the dispute, but the irascible canons kicked him out.

La Rochebeaucourt-et-Argentine - La Maison Du Pont

13 Dec 2017 1 150
In 1827 the villages La Rochebeaucourt et Argentine merged to La Rochebeaucourt-et-Argentine. La Maison Du Pont, on the banks of the Rizonne, is a cosy and very agreeable Chambres d'hôtes here.

La Rochebeaucourt-et-Argentine - Château

12 Dec 2017 1 214
In 1827 the villlages La Rochebeaucourt and Argentine merged to La Rochebeaucourt-et-Argentine. Louis Hector de Galard de Béarn had a Neo-Renaissance château erected on the foundation of an older castle. This Château de la Rochebeaucourt burnt down during the German occupation 1941. Only some ruins are still visible.