Martin M. Miles' photos with the keyword: La Salle-les-Alpes

La Salle-les-Alpes - Saint-Marcellin

20 Dec 2016 154
A church dedicated to Saint Marcellin (311-353), the first bishop of Embrun, existed here already in the 12th century. The church got enlarged and altered within the 16th century, the present choir was consecrated in 1669. A narthex was added end of the 15th century. Six faces still flank the Romanesque side portal. There may have been a sculpted lintel and a tympanum, but these parts got lost.

La Salle-les-Alpes - Saint-Marcellin

19 Dec 2016 1 202
A church dedicated to Saint Marcellin (311-353), the first bishop of Embrun, existed here already in the 12th century. The church got enlarged and altered within the 16th century, the present choir was consecrated in 1669. The narthex, seen here, was added end of the 15th century, re-using some parts of the 12th century building. Of the once probably two portal lions only one survived. The missing lion got replaced by an old baptismal font.

La Salle-les-Alpes - Saint-Marcellin

19 Dec 2016 202
A church dedicated to Saint Marcellin (311-353), the first bishop of Embrun, existed here already in the 12th century. The church got enlarged and altered within the 16th century, the present choir was consecrated in 1669. The narthex was added end of the 15th century, re-using parts of the 12th century building.