Martin M. Miles' photos with the keyword: Kalevipoeg

Võru - Katariina kirik

23 Feb 2022 1 74
The town of Võru German: Werro) was founded in 1784, when the governor-general of the deputy governor of Riga gave his approval to the place. In 1788, Catherine II confirmed the coat of arms of the town of Võru. According to the town plan, the town should have a network of regular rectangular streets. The historical street network has been preserved, and the older single-story wooden houses are in the old part of the town. The Lutheran (1793) and Orthodox (1804) churches are still reminders of the town's early years. In the 19th century, Võru was also known as a school town. In the second half of the 19th century, there were 7 teachers and 317 pupils in 7 schools in Võru. Friedrich Reinhold Kreutzwald, author of the Estonian national epic "Kalevipoeg", lived in Võru from 1833 to 1877. The Võru Folklore Festival is held annually in Võru in July since 1995. The Lutherian St. Catharine church.

Võru - Katariina kirik

23 Feb 2022 1 64
The town of Võru German: Werro) was founded in 1784, when the governor-general of the deputy governor of Riga gave his approval to the place. In 1788, Catherine II confirmed the coat of arms of the town of Võru. According to the town plan, the town should have a network of regular rectangular streets. The historical street network has been preserved, and the older single-story wooden houses are in the old part of the town. The Lutheran (1793) and Orthodox (1804) churches are still reminders of the town's early years. In the 19th century, Võru was also known as a school town. In the second half of the 19th century, there were 7 teachers and 317 pupils in 7 schools in Võru. Friedrich Reinhold Kreutzwald, author of the Estonian national epic "Kalevipoeg", lived in Võru from 1833 to 1877. The Võru Folklore Festival is held annually in Võru in July since 1995. The Lutherian St. Catharine church.

Võru - Ekatarina kirik

23 Feb 2022 1 63
The town of Võru German: Werro) was founded in 1784, when the governor-general of the deputy governor of Riga gave his approval to the place. In 1788, Catherine II confirmed the coat of arms of the town of Võru. According to the town plan, the town should have a network of regular rectangular streets. The historical street network has been preserved, and the older single-story wooden houses are in the old part of the town. The Lutheran (1793) and Orthodox (1804) churches are still reminders of the town's early years. In the 19th century, Võru was also known as a school town. In the second half of the 19th century, there were 7 teachers and 317 pupils in 7 schools in Võru. Friedrich Reinhold Kreutzwald, author of the Estonian national epic "Kalevipoeg", lived in Võru from 1833 to 1877. The Võru Folklore Festival is held annually in Võru in July since 1995. The Orthodox St. Catharine church.

Võru - Ekatarina kirik

22 Feb 2022 4 1 96
The town of Võru German: Werro) was founded in 1784, when the governor-general of the deputy governor of Riga gave his approval to the place. In 1788, Catherine II confirmed the coat of arms of the town of Võru. According to the town plan, the town should have a network of regular rectangular streets. The historical street network has been preserved, and the older single-story wooden houses are in the old part of the town. The Lutheran (1793) and Orthodox (1804) churches are still reminders of the town's early years. In the 19th century, Võru was also known as a school town. In the second half of the 19th century, there were 7 teachers and 317 pupils in 7 schools in Võru. Friedrich Reinhold Kreutzwald, author of the Estonian national epic "Kalevipoeg", lived in Võru from 1833 to 1877. The Võru Folklore Festival is held annually in Võru in July since 1995. The Orthodox St. Catharine church.