Keywords
Authorizations, license
-
Visible by: Everyone -
All rights reserved
-
52 visits
Sunday River Bridge, Maine


This bridge, built in 1872, is named the Artist's Bridge because of its reputation as being the most photographed and painted of the venerable covered bridges in Maine. It has also been suggested that the name came about because the artist John Enncking was observed working by the bridge on many days. The family he was staying with then referred to it as the Artist’s Bridge.
The bridge, an 87-foot Paddleford Truss, was closed to traffic in 1958 when a new bridge was built downstream. It is located about four miles northwest of North Bethel.
The bridge, an 87-foot Paddleford Truss, was closed to traffic in 1958 when a new bridge was built downstream. It is located about four miles northwest of North Bethel.
Boro has particularly liked this photo
- Keyboard shortcuts:
Jump to top
RSS feed- Latest comments - Subscribe to the comment feeds of this photo
- ipernity © 2007-2025
- Help & Contact
|
Club news
|
About ipernity
|
History |
ipernity Club & Prices |
Guide of good conduct
Donate | Group guidelines | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Statutes | In memoria -
Facebook
Twitter
Sign-in to write a comment.