See also...
Keywords
Authorizations, license
-
Visible by: Everyone -
All rights reserved
-
523 visits
Former Royal Military Asylum, Kings Road, Chelsea, London (Now Duke of York's TA Building)


The Royal Military Asylum for Children of Soldiers of the Regular Army was established at Chelsea in 1801 on the initiative of the Duke of York It was designed as a home for the orphaned children of soldiers who had fallen in the war with France which began in 1793 and ended with the Battle of Waterloo in 1815. The building shown in this engraving was designed by John Sanders and built between 1801 and 1803, the central range survives as the TA HQ. In 1892 it was renamed the Duke of York's Royal Military School, and in 1909 the school moved to Dover
- Keyboard shortcuts:
Jump to top
RSS feed- Latest comments - Subscribe to the comment feeds of this photo
- ipernity © 2007-2025
- Help & Contact
|
Club news
|
About ipernity
|
History |
ipernity Club & Prices |
Guide of good conduct
Donate | Group guidelines | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Statutes | In memoria -
Facebook
Twitter
Sign-in to write a comment.