Pummukaonk, Lake Siog, 2014
Above Nipnet
Sewists
Singers, Lake Siog, Holland MA, 2015
Pine Hill - Chism Mill Road
Moose Meadow Village
Westford/Moose Meadow Road
Tavern - landing
A Map of the Mohegan Sachems Hereditary Country
Ford way, Circa 1730 - 1746 continued.
Boston Turnpike II (Old Turnpike Road)
The Chandler and Thaxton Survey of 1713
The Mohegan Country, Chandler 1705
Boston Turnpike I
Near a Ford Way, Circa 1730
Crow Hop Dance
Intertribal Dance
Summer on the river
Crossings on the Willimantic
An Outting
Hartford Old Road (at Pine Hill)
Pomfret Street Bridge, Cargill Falls, Putnam
Eastford village, Connecticut
Tents
The Pine or Meeting House Hill
The hats
Reenactors, beyond the Smoke and Flash
Reeanactors
Below the ford
Glazier Tavern
American Paint and Trap
Authorizations, license
-
Visible by: Everyone -
All rights reserved
-
273 visits
Ford way, Circa 1730 - 1746


First part o a deed from Thomas Acley to Thos Lampkin. Book B - 124.
The description of the bounds starts on the eleventh line with "Butting & Bounding as followeth begining at a stake... ".
This is the third in a series of transactions for a 40 acre parcel of land abutting a fording place on the Willimantic River. The fording place is above (upstream of) where the Center Turnpike bridge crossed the Willimantic River which is just above where the Wilber Cross Parkway of the late 1930s and the present day Interstate I84 crosses the Willimantic River.
The first transaction dated December 11, 1730 is the sale for "thirty six pounds money in hand" by Daniel Eaton of Tolland to Moses Rowley of East Haddam. The second transaction dated April 7, 1732 is a sale by Moses Roulee, now of Middletown for "the sum of forty pounds currant money" to Thomas Acley of Haddom Est. The third transaction dated May 12, 1746 is a sale for "60 pounds old tenar" by Thomas Acley of East Haddam to Thos. Lampkin of Wellington.
The description of the bounds are similar in all three deeds except for some minor changes such as the distance of the second to last bound from the path from Stafford, changing from two rods to five rods and exchanging "path over willimantic" for "ford way".
The description of the bounds starts on the eleventh line with "Butting & Bounding as followeth begining at a stake... ".
This is the third in a series of transactions for a 40 acre parcel of land abutting a fording place on the Willimantic River. The fording place is above (upstream of) where the Center Turnpike bridge crossed the Willimantic River which is just above where the Wilber Cross Parkway of the late 1930s and the present day Interstate I84 crosses the Willimantic River.
The first transaction dated December 11, 1730 is the sale for "thirty six pounds money in hand" by Daniel Eaton of Tolland to Moses Rowley of East Haddam. The second transaction dated April 7, 1732 is a sale by Moses Roulee, now of Middletown for "the sum of forty pounds currant money" to Thomas Acley of Haddom Est. The third transaction dated May 12, 1746 is a sale for "60 pounds old tenar" by Thomas Acley of East Haddam to Thos. Lampkin of Wellington.
The description of the bounds are similar in all three deeds except for some minor changes such as the distance of the second to last bound from the path from Stafford, changing from two rods to five rods and exchanging "path over willimantic" for "ford way".
- Keyboard shortcuts:
Jump to top
RSS feed- Latest comments - Subscribe to the comment feeds of this photo
- ipernity © 2007-2025
- Help & Contact
|
Club news
|
About ipernity
|
History |
ipernity Club & Prices |
Guide of good conduct
Donate | Group guidelines | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Statutes | In memoria -
Facebook
Twitter