J. Gafarot's photos with the keyword: Capelas

Arrábida

22 May 2021 18 9 222
At the top of the mountain, the four chapels, the set of guardhouses of veneration of the mysteries of the Passion and some cells dug in the rocks form what was conventionally called the Convento Velho. The convent was founded in 1542 by Frei Martinho de Santa Maria, Franciscan monk to whom D. João de Lencastre (1501-1571), 1st Duke of Aveiro, ceded the lands of the hillside .