Badly's photos with the keyword: Abbey Mill Lane

Ye Olde Fighting Cocks

18 Jul 2016 128
The Olde Round House Re-built : after the flood of 1599. This famous octagon was originally Medieval Pigeon house 1400 re-erected here as a house in 1600 on the site of St. Germains Gate part of the monastery founded by King Offa of Mercia r. 793 it became the local centre for cock fighting in the 17th and 18th Centuries but re-named The Fisherman when the sport became illegal in 1849. Reputedly the Oldest Public House in Britain

Ye Olde Fighting Cocks