tarboat's photos with the keyword: maldon

Maldon flour mill

17 Mar 2025 2 19
Carr's Flour Mill, Maldon. The Carr business was founded by Jonathan Dodgson Carr in the 1830s and has two other mills at Silloth and Kirkcaldy. Since 2016 it has been owned by Whitworth Holdings. This mill was built in 1896 as a roller mill for Samuel Garrett. It later belonged to William Green and Sons, then Green Bros, and subsequently Carr's.

Old station

21 Jun 2024 6 2 132
Maldon East and Heybridge railway station served the town of Maldon and village of Heybridge in Essex, England. It was opened in 1848 by the Maldon, Witham & Braintree Railway (MWBR) on a branch line from Witham to Maldon. Originally named Maldon but itwas renamed Maldon East in 1889 and then Maldon East and Heybridge in 1907. This terminus station was located at the end of two branch lines from Witham and Woodham Ferrers. A plan dated 1920 shows that the station had a goods shed and a two-road engine shed. A turntable was situated adjacent to the station building and there were sidings that served the Blackwater Canal and the river wharf. The line and the station closed to passenger services in 1964. The station building has survived and was, for many years, a restaurant. By 2013, it was largely surrounded by an industrial estate, although its impressive frontage can still be viewed from Station Road.

Carr's Flour

11 Feb 2020 5 317
Carr's Flour Mill, Maldon. The Carr business was founded by Jonathan Dodgson Carr in the 1830s and has two other mills at Silloth and Kirkcaldy. Since 2016 it has been owned by Whitworth Holdings. This mill was built in 1896 as a roller mill for Samuel Garrett. It later belonged to William Green and Sons, then Green Bros, and subsequently Carr's.

Carr's mill

21 Aug 2019 2 364
Carr's Flour Mill, Maldon. The Carr business was founded by Jonathan Dodgson Carr in the 1830s and has two other mills at Silloth and Kirkcaldy. Since 2016 it has been owned by Whitworth Holdings. This mill was built in 1896 as a roller mill for Samuel Garrett. It later belonged to William Green and Sons, then Green Bros, and subsequently Carr's.

Maldon Mill

16 Jan 2019 1 484
Carr's Flour Mill, Maldon. The Carr business was founded by Jonathan Dodgson Carr in the 1830s and has two other mills at Silloth and Kirkcaldy. Since 2016 it has been owned by Whitworth Holdings. This mill was built in 1896 as a roller mill for Samuel Garrett. It later belonged to William Green and Sons, then Green Bros, and subsequently Carr's.

Corrugated storage

25 Feb 2018 1 433
Wharfside corrugated iron on the tidal Chelmer at Maldon.

Maldon Iron Works Company Limited

07 May 2014 1 1707
Maldon Ironworks Company Ltd was incorporated in March 1872 in Maldon, Essex. The company had been moved from Broad Street Green, Heybridge, Essex, by Samuel Warren in 1853. These new premises were erected in Fullbridge, Maldon in 1875. The company was bought out in 1947 by John Sadd and Sons Ltd, timber merchants who were themselves subsequently acquired by Boulton and Paul Ltd, engineers, of Norwich, Norfolk. Maldon Ironworks continued to operate as the agricultural engineering factory of John Sadd until 1955 when the factory was converted into a TV/Radio cabinet factory managed by Maldon Woodwork Ltd, and continued as such until December 1981 when the premises were closed and put up for sale. The building is now in multiple occupation including a gym.