Jaap van 't Veen's photos with the keyword: Pfarrkirche St. Anna

Austria - Kleinwalsertal/Hirschegg, Hl. Mutter Ann…

25 Mar 2024 48 42 426
The history of Hl. Mutter Anna (St. Anna parish church) dates back to around 1570, when in Hirschegg a chapel is mentioned, which was then changed and rebuilt several times. The first time the place name was mentioned in the annual diary 1499, where it is recorded in a document: “... located on the hierßegg, dz. picture dar”. As "image" is a shrine or a small chapel to understand. In 1745 Hirschegg was raised to the chaplaincy. The maternal priest Mittelberg originally filed vehement opposition. Ultimately, the bishop of Constance decided that the pastor has to recognize the appointment of a curate. In 1767 the chapel received a new tower. In 1782 the Hirschegger asked for release from the parish of Mittelberg; ten years later the elevation to an independent parish took place. In 1804, the foundation stone was laid for rebuilding the church. In 1806, the present church was inaugurated by the Bishop of Constance.