Jaap van 't Veen's photos with the keyword: gemeente Voorst

Nederland - Twello, Huize Kruisvoorde

29 Nov 2021 54 41 564
Huize Kruisvoorde is a monumental country house. Part of this former ‘havezate’ (manorial farm) dates from the 16th century. The building is also known as Crusefort , Cruystenvoorde or Cruysvoorde . The name probably refers to a voorde , a ford at a crossing of the trade route to Deventer and the dug waterway Terwoldse Wetering . Huize Kruisvoorde was looted in 1572, during the Eighty Years' War. In the 18th century, a front wing was added to the building. A century later, the manor was given a coat of plaster, but this was removed at the beginning of the 20th century. An imposing square tower was then added to the building. Huize Kruisvoorde - like nearby De Parckelaer - became a Dutch heritage site in 1971. Nowadays, the country house is privately owned.

Nederland - Twello, De Parckelaer

26 Nov 2021 68 74 672
Originally De Parckelaer was a so called havezate (manorial farm). The oldest mention of the house dates from 1434. Just like the nearby Kruisvoorde manor house, the building belonged to the Van Mermuden family. Later, the manor came into the possession of the Van Essen and Van Reede families, important noblemen on the Veluwe. The present building dates from the end of the 17th century or the beginning of the 18th century. In 1843, the building became the property of the commissioner Jacob Roeters van Lennep. Commissioned by his son the building was given a new frontage in 1868. The entrance was also provided with a cast-iron roof with a balcony on the first floor. At the end of the 19th century, the house was empty and fell into disrepair. Fortunately, the Parckelaer's demolition was prevented. In 1990 and the following years, the building was restored. De Parckelaer became a national Dutch heritage site in 1991. The estate is still privately owned and not open to the public.

Nederland - Voorst, Kasteel Nijenbeek

27 Mar 2020 86 88 876
Kasteel Nijenbeek - a defensive castle on the banks of the river IJssel - was first mentioned in 1266 as castle De Nijenbeke . At that time it was inhabited by knight Theodericus, also called Dirk, Lord of Nijenbeek. Its location on the banks of the river IJssel was very strategic, assuring control over the traffic on the river. Over the centuries a lot has changed to the castle. The many different owners adapted the building to their own wishes and use. For example, it was used as a defensive castle and as the home of both owners and tenant farmers. Later in the 18th century De Nijenbeek fell into disrepair, because the owners lived somewhere else and rented out the castle. In 1945 - at the end of World War II - Kasteel Nijenbeek was shelled from the eastern bank of the river IJssel by Canadian troops because it was used by the Germans as a lookout post. During the shelling, the tower of the castle lost its 19th century pyramid roof. Another part built in the 16th century was also completely wiped out. Afterwards, a temporary roof was installed, pending the restoration of the castle. Due to rotting this roof collapsed a long time ago and the castle became more and more a ruin. In 2015 the ruin was consolidated by a major restoration. The (consolidated) square tower is nowadays the only remaining part of the castle. Kasteel Nijenbeek - belonging to estate De Poll - has VERY limited opening hours. Ordinarily the ruin only can be viewed from a distance.