Michiel 2005's photos with the keyword: lagenwaardse molen

Old windmill driveshaft of 1864 of the Lagenwaards…

08 Oct 2012 103
Made by the foundry Wed. A. Sterkman & Zonen (Widow A. Sterkman & Sons).

Lagenwaardse Molen

08 Oct 2012 117
The lower parts date from 1634, the upper part was renewed in 1836. Orginally the windmill was located to the north of Leiderdorp, where it was used to pump the Bos Polder dry. From 1955 it was no longer needed, as a diesel pump was installed. At the beginning of the 1990s, the windmill stood in the way of a new railway tunnel, so it was moved to this location. It was restored, so that it could pump water again, but this time from the Lagenwaardse Polder, hence its new name. The windmill was officially put into use on May 15, 2004. The house is new, but built in the old style and it resembles the old miller's house when the windmill was still in Leiderdorp. More info in Dutch: www.molendatabase.nl/nederland/molen.php?nummer=1035 More pictures: www.flickr.com/photos/tags/lagenwaardsemolen/