Michiel 2005's photos with the keyword: schildering

Siena 2024 – Santa Maria della Scala – Caring for…

29 Jun 2024 1 43
Domenico di Bartolo, 1440–1441. According to legend the Santa Maria della Scala hospital was opened on 898 by a cobbler named Sorore. However, the first known document mentioning it dates from March 29, 1090. The last parts of the hospital left the historical buildings opposite the Duomo in 1996 and it was turned into a museum complex. It is still being restored.

Siena 2024 – Santa Maria della Scala – Flagellatio…

29 Jun 2024 49
According to legend the Santa Maria della Scala hospital was opened on 898 by a cobbler named Sorore. However, the first known document mentioning it dates from March 29, 1090. The last parts of the hospital left the historical buildings opposite the Duomo in 1996 and it was turned into a museum complex. It is still being restored.

Siena 2024 – Santa Maria della Scala – Wet-Nurses…

29 Jun 2024 38
Santa Maria della Scala also was a foundling hospital, so they needed wet-nurses. According to legend the Santa Maria della Scala hospital was opened on 898 by a cobbler named Sorore. However, the first known document mentioning it dates from March 29, 1090. The last parts of the hospital left the historical buildings opposite the Duomo in 1996 and it was turned into a museum complex. It is still being restored.

Siena 2024 – Santa Maria della Scala – Cat and dog

29 Jun 2024 38
According to legend the Santa Maria della Scala hospital was opened on 898 by a cobbler named Sorore. However, the first known document mentioning it dates from March 29, 1090. The last parts of the hospital left the historical buildings opposite the Duomo in 1996 and it was turned into a museum complex. It is still being restored.

Siena 2024 – Santa Maria della Scala – Blessed Ago…

29 Jun 2024 50
The bearded man with the hat is Byzantine Emperor John VIII Palæologus. Painted by Priamo della Quercia, 1442 According to legend the Santa Maria della Scala hospital was opened on 898 by a cobbler named Sorore. However, the first known document mentioning it dates from March 29, 1090. The last parts of the hospital left the historical buildings opposite the Duomo in 1996 and it was turned into a museum complex. It is still being restored.

Siena 2024 – Santa Maria della Scala – The Story o…

29 Jun 2024 41
He was the legendary founder of the Santa Maria della Scala, you can see him kneeling in the middle. Painted by Lorenzo di Pietro, detto Il Vecchietta. According to legend the Santa Maria della Scala hospital was opened on 898 by a cobbler named Sorore. However, the first known document mentioning it dates from March 29, 1090. The last parts of the hospital left the historical buildings opposite the Duomo in 1996 and it was turned into a museum complex. It is still being restored.

Orvieto 2024 – Duomo – Chapel of the Madonna di Sa…

04 Jun 2024 62
The construction of this chapel (also known as the Cappella Nuova and Signorelli chapel) was started in 1408 and completed in 1444. The chapel was decorated with frescos initially by Fra Angelico and Benozzo Gozzoli in 1447, but most of the frescos were made by Luca Signorelli between 1500 and 1503.

Orvieto 2024 – Duomo – Chapel of the Madonna di Sa…

04 Jun 2024 61
The construction of this chapel (also known as the Cappella Nuova and Signorelli chapel) was started in 1408 and completed in 1444. The chapel was decorated with frescos initially by Fra Angelico and Benozzo Gozzoli in 1447, but most of the frescos were made by Luca Signorelli between 1500 and 1503.

Orvieto 2024 – Duomo – Chapel of the Madonna di Sa…

04 Jun 2024 56
The construction of this chapel (also known as the Cappella Nuova and Signorelli chapel) was started in 1408 and completed in 1444. The chapel was decorated with frescos initially by Fra Angelico and Benozzo Gozzoli in 1447, but most of the frescos were made by Luca Signorelli between 1500 and 1503.

Orvieto 2024 – Duomo – Chapel of the Madonna di Sa…

04 Jun 2024 56
The construction of this chapel (also known as the Cappella Nuova and Signorelli chapel) was started in 1408 and completed in 1444. The chapel was decorated with frescos initially by Fra Angelico and Benozzo Gozzoli in 1447, but most of the frescos were made by Luca Signorelli between 1500 and 1503.

Orvieto 2024 – Duomo – Chapel of the Madonna di Sa…

04 Jun 2024 55
The construction of this chapel (also known as the Cappella Nuova and Signorelli chapel) was started in 1408 and completed in 1444. The chapel was decorated with frescos initially by Fra Angelico and Benozzo Gozzoli in 1447, but most of the frescos were made by Luca Signorelli between 1500 and 1503.

Orvieto 2024 – Duomo – Chapel of the Madonna di Sa…

04 Jun 2024 67
The construction of this chapel (also known as the Cappella Nuova and Signorelli chapel) was started in 1408 and completed in 1444. The chapel was decorated with frescos initially by Fra Angelico and Benozzo Gozzoli in 1447, but most of the frescos were made by Luca Signorelli between 1500 and 1503.

Orvieto 2024 – Duomo – Chapel of the Madonna di Sa…

04 Jun 2024 58
The construction of this chapel (also known as the Cappella Nuova and Signorelli chapel) was started in 1408 and completed in 1444. The chapel was decorated with frescos initially by Fra Angelico and Benozzo Gozzoli in 1447, but most of the frescos were made by Luca Signorelli between 1500 and 1503.

Orvieto 2024 – Duomo – Chapel of the Corporal –

04 Jun 2024 2 1 78
The chapel was built between 1350 and 1356 to house the stained corporal of the miracle of Bolsena. The frescos dates from 1357 to 1363.

Bologna 2021 – Rifugio

27 Dec 2021 50
Rifugio means shelter, maybe a sign from the war.

De Jong’s cacao en chocola

14 Sep 2012 222
De Jong’s cacao and chocolate. De Jong was established in 1843 and folded in 1957. It was located in Wormerveer.

Vogelsang IP – Mural in the Swimming Pool

12 Aug 2009 941
Shot through the window. Built as Ordensburg Vogelsang in the 1930s to educate leaders of the Third Reich. During the war it was a refugee centre and military base. After the war the Brits took control of it until 1950 and then it became a Belgian military base until 2006. Now it is open to the public, including the surrounding terrain. Now it is called Vogelsang IP (=International Place). I learnt about Vogelsang from latium , a flickr contact of mine. He visited Vogelsang in the 1960s when he served in HM Army (16/5th Lancers), see for instance here: www.flickr.com/photos/10804277@N08/3178270072/ and here: www.flickr.com/photos/10804277@N08/2628053663/ More info on Vogelsang: www.thirdreichruins.com/vogelsang.htm

Detail of the Moose Street Church in The Hague: Ar…


19 items in total