Pedestrian bridge over River Sado.

Alcácer do Sal


Location:
View on map

08 Dec 2023

4 favorites

1 comment

170 visits

Pedestrian bridge over River Sado.

Seen from João Soares Branco Avenue, Alcácer do Sal.

Location:
View on map

08 Dec 2023

9 favorites

3 comments

187 visits

Municipal Library.

At João Soares Branco Avenue, Alcácer do Sal.

Location:
View on map

08 Dec 2023

5 favorites

3 comments

261 visits

Salt galleons Amendoeira and Pinto Luísa.

These boats were once used to transport salt of Alcácer do Sal downstream River Sado till Setúbal. When road transport became a better option such boats disappeared, except these two, now used in tours and equipped with engines. This is a view from João Soares Branco Avenue.

Location:
View on map

08 Dec 2023

9 favorites

3 comments

178 visits

Drawbridge (1945) for road traffic.

A sharp curve of River Sado creates the illusion of a photo from the river. In fact I took this shot from João Soares Branco Avenue, on the same riverside you can see on your left.

Location:
View on map

08 Dec 2023

6 favorites

1 comment

121 visits

Carousel for children, soon before opening.

At Luís de Camões Square, close to the Tourism Office of Alcácer do Sal.

Location:
View on map

08 Dec 2023

17 favorites

9 comments

206 visits

River Sado and Alcácer do Sal.

A view from the 1945 drawbridge.

Location:
View on map

08 Dec 2023

5 favorites

1 comment

111 visits

Children's playground.

On the left bank of River Sado, at Alcácer do Sal.

Location:
View on map

08 Dec 2023

13 favorites

6 comments

251 visits

City Hall and Christmas Market.

At Pedro Nunes Square, Alcácer do Sal.

Location:
View on map

08 Dec 2023

2 favorites

1 comment

144 visits

Municipal Museum Pedro Nunes.

At Pedro Nunes Square, Alcácer do Sal. This 16th century building was originally the Hospital of the Holy Spirit. In the 17th century works were carried out to turn it into the Chapel of the Holy Spirit, concluded in the 18th century. In the 19th century the Municipal Museum was installed there, as the rooms of the City Hall it occupied till then became unsufficient.
28 items in total