
Worcestershire Walks, Blakedown (1)
Folder: Worcestershire Walks
A 9m circular walk in January 2005 from Blakedown and the Church of St James the Great, past Swan Pool and on to Bissell Wood. Continuing along Mount Segg to the Chursh of St Mary the Virgin and Stone House Gardens, Fenny Rough and on to Harvington Hall.
From the Hall we followed the Monarch's Way heading North and on to the B4188 to turn left back to Blakedown.
Weather cool with blustery wind, … (read more)
From the Hall we followed the Monarch's Way heading North and on to the B4188 to turn left back to Blakedown.
Weather cool with blustery wind, … (read more)
26 May 2021
A 9m circular walk in January 2005 from Blakedown
A 9m circular walk in January 2005 from Blakedown and the Church of St James the Great, past Swan Pool and on to Bissell Wood. Continuing along Mount Segg to the Chursh of St Mary the Virgin and Stone House Gardens, Fenny Rough and on to Harvington Hall.
From the Hall we followed the Monarch's Way heading North and on to the B4188 to turn left back to Blakedown.
Weather cool with blustery wind, very fresh towards the end of the walk.
20 Jan 2005
Church of St James the Great at Blakedown
Grade II Listed Building..."Parish church. 1866, by G E Street, extended 1905. Sandstone rubble with machine tile roof. Nave, chancel and north aisle of 1905. Nave: three bays with two cinquefoiled light window to left, a trefoiled lancet, gabled porch to right.
West window of three cinquefoiled lights under 2-centred head below timber bellcote with shingled pyramidal roof. Chancel: one trefoiled lancet; east window of three cinquefoiled lights. Aisle: two windows of two pointed lights, to left end a window of two cinquefoiled lights under square head.
Interior: three-bay arcade to aisle has two Tudor arches and a smaller 2-centred arch to west. Bellcote supported by large arch-braced collar truss.Fittings: almost all are early C20."
20 Jan 2005
Church of St James the Great at Blakedown
Grade II Listed Building..."Parish church. 1866, by G E Street, extended 1905. Sandstone rubble with machine tile roof. Nave, chancel and north aisle of 1905. Nave: three bays with two cinquefoiled light window to left, a trefoiled lancet, gabled porch to right.
West window of three cinquefoiled lights under 2-centred head below timber bellcote with shingled pyramidal roof. Chancel: one trefoiled lancet; east window of three cinquefoiled lights. Aisle: two windows of two pointed lights, to left end a window of two cinquefoiled lights under square head.
Interior: three-bay arcade to aisle has two Tudor arches and a smaller 2-centred arch to west. Bellcote supported by large arch-braced collar truss.Fittings: almost all are early C20."
20 Jan 2005
Handsome chap near Bissell Woods
At Bissell Wood we had expected to visit the Trig Point (109m) but found access barred as on private Land.
20 Jan 2005
View towards the Malvern Hills from the Church of St Mary the Virgin at Stone
Jump to top
RSS feed- Latest items - Subscribe to the latest items added to this album
- ipernity © 2007-2025
- Help & Contact
|
Club news
|
About ipernity
|
History |
ipernity Club & Prices |
Guide of good conduct
Donate | Group guidelines | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Statutes | In memoria -
Facebook
Twitter