Looking north from Acton Bridge on the Staffs and Worcs Canal.

Staffordshire Walks, Acton Trussell


Folder: Staffordshire Walks
A 4.5m circular walk in March 2006 from near Acton Bridge via the Trig Point (99m), the Church of St James, a section of the Staffs Way to Parkgate Bridge, and back along the Staffs and Worcs Canal to Shut Hill Bridge and Acton Bridge.

19 May 2021

1 favorite

51 visits

A 4.5m circular walk in March 2006 from near Acton Bridge

A 4.5m circular walk in March 2006 from near Acton Bridge via the Trig Point (99m), the Church of St James, a section of the Staffs Way to Parkgate Bridge, and back along the Staffs and Worcs Canal to Shut Hill Bridge and Acton Bridge.

09 Mar 2006

144 visits

No Way Through; the end of the path.

We had started the walk near Acton Bridge on the Staffs and Worcs Canal and went in search of the Acton Trussell Trig Point (99m). The footpath from Acton Trussell Farm was the only footpath in this grid square! The path ended at the rear of a housing estate as shown in the picture, but another gate onto a ploughed field allowed access to the Trig.

09 Mar 2006

1 favorite

166 visits

Acton Trussell Trig Point (99m)

09 Mar 2006

1 favorite

1 comment

164 visits

Acton Trussell Trig Point (99m)

09 Mar 2006

1 favorite

153 visits

Acton Trussell Trig Point (99m)

09 Mar 2006

132 visits

Moat House Acton Trussell

09 Mar 2006

128 visits

Moat House Acton Trussell

09 Mar 2006

148 visits

The Church of St James at Acton Trussell

"The church of ST. James, Acton Trussell, stands a quarter of a mile south of the village. Before the middle of the 19th century it was approached by a footpath only. The original structure dates from the 13th and 14th centuries, but the church was enlarged and partly rebuilt in 1870 under the direction of G. E. Street. It now consists of a structurally undivided nave and chancel, a south porch, and a combined vestry and organ chamber."

09 Mar 2006

184 visits

The Church of St James at Acton Trussell

"The church of ST. James, Acton Trussell, stands a quarter of a mile south of the village. Before the middle of the 19th century it was approached by a footpath only. The original structure dates from the 13th and 14th centuries, but the church was enlarged and partly rebuilt in 1870 under the direction of G. E. Street. It now consists of a structurally undivided nave and chancel, a south porch, and a combined vestry and organ chamber."
20 items in total