
Trees
Near Hartlebury Castle
|
|
Looking back to Bretby with Watery Lane following…
Rindleford Mill, now known as Pool House, taken on…
Mobile Mast disguised as a tree on Orton Hill near…
|
|
|
|
“The residents of Wombourne in Staffordshire may beg to differ. Last winter they awoke to the sight of a remarkable new tree that appeared to have sprouted on the horizon. The "tree" turned out to be a clumsy attempt by One2one to disguise its latest mast.”....Daily Telegraph (2432 views on Panoramio)
Church of St. Peter at Netherseal
Dead tree viewed from the Staffs and Worcs Canal a…
|
|
At Stourton Junction the sun came out and we sat on the wall facing the Canal and took our lunch with a hungry Robin. Behind was this dead tree.
Spiralling Trees in Saltwell's Wood, Local Nature…
|
|
Hoar Frost on Silver Birch tree
|
|
One up, One down
|
|
Cow under the speeding Chestnut Tree
Twisted tree above Our Lady's Well in Ladywell Woo…
|
|
Pathway in The Hill woodland of Himley Estate
|
|
Tree with roots exposed on the South Staffs Railwa…
|
|
Staunton Harold Reservoir
|
|
|
The entrance the Drive leading to Calke Abbey from the A514 at Ticknall. The trees line the avenue for nearly a kilometre, and the leads about the same distance to the Abbey.
Magnificent Tree at Wormleighton Manor Gatehouse
|
|
The gatehouse, constructed in 1613, stands about 100 feet (30 m) south of the main building. It is of two storeys, built of yellow ashlar and is listed as a Grade II listed building. It has three bays, the middle with the wide gateway, which is flanked on the west by a gabled lodge and on the east by a low tower. The archways are 11 feet (3.4 m) high and on the south have aged marigold central carvings and a sundial.[4] Amidst the entablatures and on the sills of the upper windows of four lights with plain square heads, there are carved achievements of arms. On the north and west face too appear the arms of Spencer, distinguishable with its dragon and griffin supporters, while the south face has a central square panel displaying the royal Stuart arms, all dated to the original 1613 building.[4]
Four-centred doorways and located in the side-walls of the gateway. The lower west lodge with a red tiled roof is about 27 feet (8.2 m) long outside and of two stories with a central chimney and the east tower at the side of the gateway is roughly 16 feet (4.9 m) wide with a four-light window on the lower part and three-light windows to the three stories above, with east windows to the third and fourth stories and a window facing south to the fourth story.[4]
There are also the remains of a two-storey building about 80 feet (24 m) further south,[4] believed to have once been part of the stable buildings which were rebuilt in the 17th century which today is a modern farm building.
Seen better days, near the bank of the River Teme.
|
|
Iron supplement, Lloyd Wood
|
|
Most of the old iron fencing from the Himley Estate had gone, but the trees here have other ideas.
Iron supplement, Lloyd Wood
|
|
Most of the old iron fencing from the Himley Estate had gone, but the trees here have other ideas.
Jump to top
RSS feed- Latest items - Subscribe to the latest items added to this album
- ipernity © 2007-2025
- Help & Contact
|
Club news
|
About ipernity
|
History |
ipernity Club & Prices |
Guide of good conduct
Donate | Group guidelines | Privacy policy | Terms of use | Statutes | In memoria -
Facebook
Twitter